The Columbia Community Church Story
Established in 1947, Columbia Community Church started from a small Tuesday home prayer meeting and later drive in theater, into a growing church family of thousands at our current location in South Richland. The character of the church today continues, as it has for six decades, to be built on people of vision, Christ centered faith, and who look forward to reaching the community, with the good news of Jesus’ power and life.
- 1947 Tuesday home prayer meeting started in Richland
- 1948 Richland Church of God holds first public Sunday services.
- 1953-57 Church moves to West Kennewick and changes name to Highlands Church of God.
- 1974 Church introduces drive-in services and again changes name to Columbia Community Church.
- 1978 Church breaks ground at current Gage Blvd. location.
- 2010 Church growth and innovation expands impact.
- 2013 Remodeling & beginning construction of a 2nd floor adds several more children’s classrooms.
- 2017 C3Room4More Lobby Expansion Project creates the mezzanine level and more space for a growing congregation
- 1948-62: Harold Lougheed
- 1962-78: Bill Martin
- 1978-80: Ralph Johnson
- 1980-85: Ken Smatlack
- 1986-92: Rick Martinez
- 1993-07: Jerry Marvel
- 2009-present: Mark Barker
Our church is composed of believers from diverse religious backgrounds, or no faith background, who are eager to pursue a life-style according to the prescriptions of the Bible.