what is group life?
It’s about 10-15 people who meet together each week in a convenient Tri-Cities location to learn about the Bible, grow and have fun.
There are so many GREAT reasons to join a group!
- Weekly connection in the Word will help you grow in your faith.
- Prayer support through tough times.
- Opportunities to participage in outreach with your group.
- New friends to say ‘hi’ to on Sundays and the rest of the week.
- Celebration of communion together.
- Fun with others going through the same thing as you.
when can i join a group?
Many of our groups are available to join anytime. Once per quarter (generally beginning in December, March, June and August), we have a four week ‘open enrollment’ time when you can sign up for new groups and groups beginning new study topics. During that time, we’ll have around 60 groups available for you to choose from. And don’t worry, if you’re brand new, lots of us are new right along with you.
We have three kinds of groups:
- Turbo Groups meet for 4-6 weeks on a focusted topic.
- Quarterly Groups meet for 8-10 weeks.
- Extended Groups meet for 2-4 quarters. They are open to welcoming new people each quarter and take at least a 2 week break between quarters.
You’ll find groups centered around activities (like hiking, walking or basketball), learning (parenting, finances, Bible studies, etc.), message notes (discussing last Sunday’s message) and healing (such as DivorceCare and trauma recovery). All of our groups focus on getting to know each other and they all include community outreach activities.
All C3 Groups interact and grow through practical application of the Bible. All groups serve to equip you to become a better follower of Jesus Christ! You’ll find that each group fits one of 4 general group ‘types.’
Connect with people who want to learn more! From first-time believers to veterans, our Learning Groups offer book and video studies, and they MAY have homework. Some Learning Groups choose to go deeper into our Sunday messages using questions written by our pastors for discussion.
Connect around fun activities and recreation! These groups discuss Sunday messages or use short devotionals for spiritual growth. No homework.
Healing Groups encourage conversations and relationships that leads to restoration and hope. They allow you to work through patterns of behavior you would like to change together with the support of those who are going through a similar season of life.
Message Notes Groups meet together to discuss the past Sunday’s message. We delve deeper into what was preached about and talk about how it applies in our lives.